Construction Project Manager
D&M Industries, a 100% Employee Owned Company, provides high quality doors, frames, hardware, mill work, cabinets and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We’ve supplied materials to hotels, motels, apartment and multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors from Alaska to Florida, California to Maine and everywhere in between.
D&M Industries in Moorhead, MN is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The hired individual would be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential clients while ensuring projects are accurate until full completion.
This job is responsible for developing and maintaining the customer relationship at all levels. There is an existing customer mix of well established accounts as well as an expectation of bringing in new accounts.
- Frequently meeting with customers in both office and jobsite situations including field verification and measuring.
- Tracking customer projects.
- Contract reviews and job costing.
- Other responsibilities include problem solving jobsite product issues, looking for win-win solutions with products and supply, and reporting in on all financial aspects of their job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work.
- Manage multiple projects and the development of each from beginning to end.
- Manage the project schedule on a regular basis.
- Control the budget associated with the project and negotiate best pricing.
- Negotiate contracts and subcontracts, purchase order agreements, and cost control budgets.
- Travel to job sites as needed.
- Vacation/Sick Days.
- Short Term/Long Term Disability.
- 7 Paid Holidays.
- Free Donuts on Wednesdays!
Education & Experience Requirements:
- A 2+ degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience.
- At least 3+ years managing construction projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience with biddings, estimating, and plan reading is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Reading and writing English.
- Problem solving.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting tasks.
- Quickly react to situations and work under pressure.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including but not limited to phone, computer, keyboard, mouse and copier.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force to move objects by pushing, pulling or lifting.
- Close visual acuity to view computer terminal.
- Inside environmental conditions.