D&M Industries is a 100% Employee Owned Company that provides high-quality doors, frames, hardware, millwork, and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We supply materials to hotels, motels, apartments, multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government, and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors across the United States.
Title: Delivery Apprentice
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
Pay: $16.50 per hour
D&M Industries in Moorhead, MN, is hiring for a Delivery Apprentice to join our team. This position is responsible assisting in the delivery of products to various job sites within Minnesota, North Dakota, and, occasionally, other states. Delivery Apprentice will generally work from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but occasional extended hours may be necessary. No weekends – home nightly!
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure products are loaded in a manner to minimize product damage during transportation.
- Assist in loading products if the truck or trailer isn’t ready to leave D&M.
- Assist in reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, and the customer is satisfied.
- Interact with customers professionally and courteously by providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling customer grievances.
- Assist in completing paperwork showing the date of delivery and delivery location to maintain accurate records. Have customer sign paperwork to confirm receipt of goods.
- Unload materials or products at the customer location.
- Wear proper safety equipment and always uses proper safety techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required.
- Must have the ability to work well with others and show a positive attitude.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Exerting more than 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or, 50 pounds frequently and/or up-to 20 pounds constantly to move objects by carrying, pushing, pulling, or lifting.
- Forklift certified, or the willingness to become forklift certified.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment.
- 401K + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Aflac Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
D&M Industries is an equal opportunity employer.