D&M Industries is a 100% Employee Owned Company that provides high-quality doors, frames, hardware, millwork, and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We supply materials to hotels, motels, apartments, multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government, and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors across the United States.
The purchasing associate is responsible for tracking inventory, communicating with vendors, and ordering product for prefinishing. He/she will focus on purchasing and tracking prefinished materials. Prior prefinishing knowledge and experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-5 years of experience working with suppliers and purchasing required.
- Knowledge of prefinishing doors, windows, and hardware preferred, but not required.
- Construction industry experience helpful, but not required.
- Approachable, friendly, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and manage interruptions.
- Experience using Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for purchasing and managing all prefinishing materials.
- Manage items and vendors in ERP system.
- Manage vendor contact information, programs, and pricing.
- Coordinate and setup new vendors and items.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Analyze demand trends and maintain adequate inventory levels to meet demand.
- Check for accuracy on all specifications including dimensions, pricing, ship dates, etc.
- Maintain effective work relationships with other departments, suppliers, and vendors.
- 401K + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Aflac Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
D&M Industries is an equal opportunity employer.