Accounts Payable Specialist
D&M Industries is a 100% Employee Owned Company that provides high-quality doors, frames, hardware, millwork, and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We supply materials to hotels, motels, apartments, multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government, and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors across the United States.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is primarily responsible for accurate entry and coding of accounts payable transactions, invoices, and vendor payments. In addition, this role provides backup and support for other accounting functions as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior accounts payable experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelors/Associates degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience using an ERP accounting software is preferred.
- Approachable, friendly, and professional demeanor.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and grow.
Essential Job Functions
- Post and code vendor invoices in the D&M Industries ERP system.
- Assemble vendor payment runs based on due dates and discount timing to timely pay the obligations of the organization.
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval and coding.
- Ensure that vendor invoices and other correspondence necessary for AP files is made available to be scanned.
- Match invoices to goods receipts, and clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, quantities or receiving signatures, pursuing discrepancies with the appropriate department.
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable).
- Reconcile vendor statements to D&M records and pursue and discrepancies with the vendor.
- Track fixed asset purchases for audit requirements.
- Administer and maintain company credit cards.
- Process employee expense reports.
- 401K + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Aflac Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
D&M Industries is an equal opportunity employer.