D&M Industries is a 100% Employee Owned Company that provides high-quality doors, frames, hardware, millwork, and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We supply materials to hotels, motels, apartments, multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government, and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors across the United States.
The Interior Foreman leads the Interior Department. This position advocates continuous improvement by ensuring a safe work environment, quality assurance, and productivity within their department. This position is responsible for leading, developing, training, directing, and motivating their team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Holds high expectations of direct reports to promote great teamwork, positive attitude, and ensure they can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Manages the employee's day-to-day performance, resolves employee issues as they occur, and administers fair and consistent discipline.
- Practices and creates a positive culture, making The Company a great place to work and ultimately resulting in lowering turnover.
- Handles employee development and discipline by providing formative feedback.
- Responsible for cross-training, line-balance, and has strong problem-solving skills in an ever-changing work environment.
- Communicates effectively and regularly with employees and the Plant Manager regarding day-to-day happenings in the shop.
- Meet, maintain, and enforce safety and quality measures.
- Responsible for operating manufacturing equipment, using hand and power tools, and finishing product assemblies.
- Additional hours as needed, based on production schedule and goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or, 50 pounds frequently, and/or up-to 20 pounds constantly to move objects by carrying, pushing, pulling or lifting.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Basic mathematical skills using whole numbers and decimals.
- Have knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- The ability to delegate tasks, instruct, and supervise a team.
- Must have the ability to work well with others and show a positive attitude.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to operate machines and equipment and a forklift.
- 401K + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Aflac Plans
- 8 Paid Holidays
D&M Industries is an equal opportunity employer.