D&M Industries is a 100% employee-owned ESOP company that provides high-quality doors, frames, hardware, millwork, and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We supply materials for the hospitality industry, multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing and single-family residential projects.
D&M Industries in Moorhead, MN is looking for a Purchasing Associate to join our team. The hired individual would be responsible for tracking inventory, communicating with vendors, and ordering products for each of our divisions. This positions primary focus would be on purchasing, bidding and service of our window department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Purchasing experience preferred
- Knowledge of doors, windows, and hardware preferred
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must have the ability to work well with others and show a positive attitude.
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required.
- Basic mathematical comprehension
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relations
- Analyze demand trends and recommend stocking level changes as needed
- Provide price quotes to sales team as requested in a timely manner
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet demand
- Review and place stock & special orders daily
- Check for accuracy on all specifications including dimensions, pricing, ship dates, etc.
- Communicate with all sales staff about order updates
- 401K + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Aflac Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
D&M Industries is an equal opportunity employer.