D&M Industries is a 100% Employee Owned Company that provides high-quality doors, frames, hardware, millwork, and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We supply materials to hotels, motels, apartments, multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government, and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors across the United States.
This position requires developing and maintaining customer relationships at all levels. There is an existing customer mix of well-established accounts and an expectation of bringing in new accounts. Duties include putting together initial take-offs, bids, and proposals, frequently meeting with customers in both the office and the job site situations including field verification and measuring, tracking customer projects, contract reviews, and job costing. Other responsibilities include problem-solving job-site product issues, looking for win-win solutions with products and supplies, and reporting on jobs' financial aspects.
Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesA minimum of 3 years of sales experience with preference given in the building and construction field.
- Knowledge and understanding of building and construction are critical requirements, with particular consideration for the familiarity of doors, frames, and hardware.
- Proven sales success in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Local and regional travel is expected, with occasional evenings and overnights on minimal notice.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- A high degree of problem-solving skills to achieve the best solution for all parties involved.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain customer relationships at all levels.
- Managing existing customer mix of well-established accounts and work to acquire new accounts for the company.
- Meet with customers in the office and the job site
- Field verification and measuring, tracking customer projects, contract reviews, and job costing.
- Problem-solving job site product issues, looking for win-win solutions with products and supplies
- Report all financial aspects of their job.
- Reviews construction documents and understands the scope of work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage the project from estimating, submittals, ordering, change orders, delivery, troubleshooting, and closeout.
- Travel to customer locations as needed to build and maintain relationships with customers
- 401K + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Aflac Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
D&M Industries is an equal opportunity employer.