Production Associate, 5:00 am - 1:30 pm
D&M Industries is a 100% Employee Owned Company that provides high-quality doors, frames, hardware, millwork, and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We supply materials to hotels, motels, apartments, multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government, and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors across the United States.
Title: 1st Shift Production Associate
Hours: 5:00 am - 1:30 pm
Pay: Starting at $15.00 per hour
D&M Industries in Moorhead, MN is hiring for a Production Associate to join our team. This position is responsible for assisting in the manufacturing of pre-hung and slab interior and exterior doors, including stock and special-order door types.
Essential Job Functions
- Review and understand production orders.
- Operate production machinery.
- Maintain quality control.
- Perform tasks related to the production of slabs and pre-hung units. Includes but not limited to building pre-hung, transoms and sidelights, apply spreader bars and feet, cut and apply head stops, create cut outs and cut down doors and frames, and work the hanging table.
- Ensure quality products are being produced and meet specifications outlined. Fix or repair raw materials so they can be used in production.
- Properly package doors or units in the required manner to ensure minimal damage during movement and shipping.
- Properly document raw material substitutions to ensure accurate inventory and communication to line workers.
- Report all maintenance needs for line equipment to the supervisor.
- Wear proper safety equipment and always uses proper safety techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to work well with others and show a positive attitude.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Exerting more than 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or, 50 pounds frequently and/or up-to 20 pounds constantly to move objects by carrying, pushing, pulling, or lifting.
- Visual acuity to operate machines.
- Inside environmental conditions.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Previous production machine operating experience is a plus.
- Previous quality control experience is a plus.
- Forklift certified, or the willingness to become forklift certified.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment.
- 401(k) + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Aflac Plans
- 7 Paid Holidays
D&M Industries is an equal opportunity employer.