D&M Industries, a 100% Employee Owned Company, provides high quality doors, frames, hardware, mill work, cabinets and windows for commercial and residential building projects. We’ve supplied materials to hotels, motels, apartment and multi-family housing, assisted living facilities, student housing, government and tenant improvement projects. D&M has helped open doors from Alaska to Florida, California to Maine and everywhere in between.
Title: Purchasing Associate
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
D&M Industries in Moorhead, MN is looking for a Purchasing Associate to join our team. The hired individual would be responsible for tracking inventory, communicating with vendors, and ordering products for each of our divisions.
Essential Job Functions
· Develop and maintain strong vendor relations
· Analyze demand trends and recommend stocking level changes as needed
· Provide price quotes to sales team as requested in a timely manner
· Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet demand
· Review and place stock & special orders daily
· Check for accuracy on all specifications including dimensions, pricing, ship dates, etc.
· Communicate with all sales staff about order updates
Education & Experience Requirements
· Purchasing experience preferred
· Knowledge of doors, windows, and hardware preferred
· Strong communication skills
· Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
· Read & Write the English Language
· Basic mathematical comprehension
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm or 8:00am to 5:00pm.
· 401K + Employee Stock Ownership Plan
· Vacation/Sick Days
· Short Term/Long Term Disability
· Aflac Plans
· 8 Paid Holidays